If you do not yet meet the requirements for working with MSF or your profession is not listed you may wish to look at the following organisations which also operate abroad.
- British Red Cross
- International Commitee of the Red Cross
- Trekforce Worldwide
- Raleigh International
- Handicap International
- International Medical Corps
- Medecins Du Monde
- Africa Health Placements
- Mercy Ships
Health workers and other skilled personnel (teachers etc)
- VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas)
- Save the Children
- CARE International
- Islamic Relief
- Christian Aid
- Action Aid
- Health Unlimited
- Action Against Hunger
Family planning/reproductive healthcare
- Mine Action Group
- Commonwealth Youth Exchange
- Lattitude Global Volunteerings
- International Voluntary Service
- Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Skillshare Africa
- ATD Fourth World
- Restless Development
Useful resouces for working overseas
- Wilson M, 2004, The Medics guide to working around the world, Second edition, Arnold, London
- Griffith S, 2004, Gap years for grown ups, First edition, Vacation work publication, Oxford
- Pybus V, 2005, International voluntary work, Ninth edition, Vacation work pulications, Oxford
- ReliefWeb provides information about humanitarian issues, including job opportunities.
- World Service Enquiry provides information and advice about working or volunteering overseas.
- BOND is a networking organisation providing courses, job vacancies etc.
- RedR-IHE provides training courses related to humanitarian work.
- CharityJob provides a comprehensive database of opportunities in the charitable sector.
- MedAir is a non-governmental organisation with internationally recruited staff who are motivated by their Christian faith to care for people in need.
- Global Health Jobs UK is a specialist job-board that connects employers to professionals seeking job opportunities in global health.