Our Project Coordinators work as part of the country management team and are based in the field projects, leading and managing project activities and teams. We are recruiting a limited number of project coordinators under strict criteria; apply only if you meet all essential criteria specified below.
(For internal candidates currently working with MSF, please speak to your line manager in the field or to your HRO directly, we do not accept internal applications for the post of Project Coordinator via this website as the screening process is different.)
The role of Project Coordinator is key in making sure MSF achieves its mission objective. The position is varied, very challenging and extremely rewarding.
MSF seeks bi-lingual (English/French) Project Coordinators to fulfil the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Being responsible for implementation of project activities by coordinating the optimal use of medical, logistical, financial and human resources.
- Supporting the team in the analyses of medical data, activity indicators and quality of care.
- Ensuring the continuity and coherence of the health structures medical, paramedical and psychosocial activities.
- Acting as a liaison and arbitration point between different parties working in hospitals, health centres and/or mobile clinics.
- Being responsible for the implementation of the team health policy.
- Representing MSF on project issues towards local communities, authorities & their counterparts and towards UN agencies and other nongovernmental organizations in the project area while taking into account the goals, objectives and strategy for the mission as a whole.
- Promoting MSF identity and principles as an independent humanitarian medical organization.
- Negotiating with different actors and stakeholders.
- Being responsible for human resource management of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team including supervision and coaching of local and international staff.
- Contribution to create, review and update policies and reports such as country policies, annual plans and trimester reports.
- Preparing and monitor project proposals, budgets and evaluations.
- In collaboration with the Project Administrator, ensuring correct implementation of the administration including bookkeeping, national staff salary administration and cash flow planning.
- Planning, monitoring and ensuring logistics continuity in the project sites.
- Provide regular monthly reports on programmatic, security and contextual matters.
- Liaising with the country management team as appropriate.
- Significant professional experience in a project management capacity, international and/or healthcare/medical management preferred.
- Significant professional experience in a low-resource or emergency setting.
- Extensive experience (professional or travel) outside of your home country, experience in remote/low-resource settings is an asset.
- Proven (people) management and communication skills leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising, managing, coaching and training others.
- Strong organization skills.
- Proven ability in being responsible for delegated security management.
- Proven affinity with humanitarian and medical issues in complex crisis situations.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work in unstable environments.
- Ability to represent MSF with national and international counterparts.
- Deep understanding of humanitarian principles
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Solid command of English and French, Arabic, Spanish and Russian are also assets.
- Leadership skills.
Terms & Conditions
The role of Project Coordinator is a paid position; the salary will depend on relevant work experience but may be an indemnity sum only in case of minimal relevant experience.
All MSF Project Coordinator positions are unaccompanied posts, meaning family members cannot be posted in project with them.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 9-12 months, MSF seeks to retain individuals as we strongly value experienced staff.
All posts are initially offered on fixed-term contract, on project basis.
The recruitment process will involve at least two interviews one of which may be in mainland Europe, MSF UK does not reimburse travel and/or accommodation costs for prospective candidates.