With MSF being a truly international organisation, the role of the HR Coordinator (manager level) is an exciting and fulfilling one, giving you the opportunity to develop and work with a variety of people from across the globe. The role of the HR Coordinator is to define, plan and supervise the implementation of human resources policies in an MSF mission.
The HR Coordinator will contribute to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives and will ensure the HR capacity requirements are met as well as improving people capabilities. The HR Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that MSF is a responsible employer and to support proper management of HR across the board.
Key responsibilities will include
(Please note that a detailed job description will be provided for each role when offered and may differ slightly from context to context)
- Work with senior management team in country, provide HR advice on a wide variety of HR issues
- Work closely with HR teams in HQ to ensure resourcing needs for medical programmes in country are met (both national and international staff)
- Create and review HR policies and processes and oversee their implementation across all projects
- Support and advise management on learning and development of staff
- Ensure MSF operates within local labour laws in the project country
- Manage, train and supervise locally recruited HR staff
- Supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all Administration and legal issues in the Mission.
- Educated to degree level and CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Fluency in English
- Significant experience in a generalist HR role, preferably within a multi cultural context and multi disciplinary teams
- Ability to communicate at a variety of levels and with diverse groups
- Ability to adapt HR practices to very different working environments
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly listening, persuading, influencing and motivating; flair for building and maintaining good relationships
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change
- Demonstrable experience in conflict management
- Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and supervising
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 12 months
- Minimum three months work, volunteering or travelling experience in developing countries
MSF is currently looking for HR coordinators with good French skills. If you speak French to a level where you can be placed in a French speaking mission such as the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Chad or Central African Republic, you are much more likely to be accepted onto the MSF register.