Redirects to new page
During conflicts and their aftermath, anaesthetists are needed for assignments generally lasting from six weeks to three months or more. Responsibilities include general surgery, surgical-needs assessment, and training of local staff.
- Proven experience in Anaesthetics – experience of paediatric and obstetric anaesthesia is particularly useful
- Full GMC or Irish Medical Council registration
- Ability to work with limited resources
- Availability for a minimum period of six weeks to a maximum of six months
- Minimum of three months travel or work experience in developing countries
- Ability to work in unstable environments
- Adaptable and able to work in a team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to provide training and supervision to others
- You will find it helpful to have done other medical jobs – time spent in casualty and paediatrics departments will be especially relevant
- Availability at short notice
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please use this CV format if you would like to apply to work for MSF as an anaesthetist. Without this format their applications will not be accepted.
MSF is always looking for people with language skills and at the moment we are particularly looking for field workers with good French.