See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF UKJobs in the UK
Race day information
Your essential race day guide for all runners. Please read the following carefully.
Click here to download the map.
- 5k runners will do one lap of the course, and 10k runners will do two laps
- Marshals will line the course to show you the way and cheer you on
- Encourage your family and friends to come along to cheer on the day
- First aiders will be present - if you have a medical problem speak to one of the marshals on the course
- Runners arrive at Regent’s Park Hub for registration
- Collection of running numbers and chip timers at the Hub
- Please be on time – it will take time to register everyone and get everyone to the start lines
- 9.30am Runners’ warm up
- 9.35am Runners walk to starting line
- 9.45am Run begins!
- 12.00pm Hub will stay open until 12.00pm
Mornington Crescent, Baker Street, St John’s Wood, Chalk Farm.
It is a sports centre with a café on top – it looks like this:
Note on timing
The Hub is a good 15 minutes’ walk from any of the nearest tubes, so factor that into your planning and please don’t be late – it will take a while to register everyone.
- There are changing rooms (and access to a very limited number of showers) in the Hub
- There is a room to put your belongings in which will be manned by a volunteer
- But: belongings are left at your own risk, so it is better not to bring valuables or keep them with a friend
- The site has limited number of lockers operating on a first-come-first-served basis
- Please bring a pound coin if you want to use one of these lockers
- Collection of timing chip and running number by the Hub
- Make sure your running number is visible, even in a fancy dress costume
There will be a five-minute warm up near the Hub just before we walk to the start line.
There will be one water point after the 5k mark. If you like to run with water we strongly advise you to bring your own so that you have enough
After the run
- There will be flapjacks and bananas for finishers
- 5k runners – on finishing please make sure to move out of the way for 10k runners, who will be doing two laps
- Once you have finished please make your way back to the Hub to change
We do not give out finishing time on the day. The results will be posted on the website on Monday or Tuesday following the race.
There will be a photographer on the day and we will post photos online about a week after the event.
However, he is working on a voluntary basis so we cannot guarantee that a photo of every runner will be taken.
Please note that we do not give out medals.
We will be going for a drink in a nearby pub after the event. Please join us!
More details on the day. MSF staff will be there from about 12.30pm.
Other activities for after the run
If you want to make a day of it you could bring a picnic along to the park.
Alternatively, here are some tourist attractions a mile or less away from Regent's Park:
- ZSL London Zoo
- Wallace Collection
- Sherlock Holmes Museum
- Grant Museum of Zoology
- Wellcome Collection
- Queen Mary's Gardens
- Madame Tussauds
- George Orwell's London Walking Tour
- British Museum
- Oxford Street