See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF UKJobs in the UK
Non-communicable diseases eLearning new content and updates project
Duration: 15 October - 15 December 2020
MSF UK contacts
Project: Non-communicable Diseases (NCD) Advisor
Administrative: Executive Assistant Head of the Manson Unit
- To develop a complex, multiple morbidity patient module as new content for the current NCD elearning programme
- To review existing modules, update content and check consistency with MSF NCD guidelines, and suggest additional updates and interactivity points
Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) provides life-saving emergency relief and longer-term medical care to some of the most vulnerable and excluded communities around the world. As an independent medical humanitarian organisation, we deliver care based only on need, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or political affiliation.
MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) has elaborated a Strategic Plan 2020-23 (SP) that includes integrating NCD care throughout its programmes, with an emphasis on person-centred primary healthcare.
A blended learning has been created for NCD training, with two workshops completed in 2018-19. Demand for the elearning as a standalone course has been increasing within MSF and with other organisations, however, as NCD care is being integrated more widely.
This consultancy will create new content on complex NCD patients that ties together information from the modules that cover diseases individually to provide additional training for staff that might not be able attend face-to-face blended learning workshops or receive regular mentoring. It will also review and update the current elearning modules. The NCD Advisor will work closely with the consultant and provide support throughout.
- An elearning module with 3-5 complex patients, potentially exemplifying chronic care over the life course
- A summary review of the current elearning for updates as noted above; work will be done online to submit to developers (likely in Articulate Review rather than a written report)
IV. Qualifications and experience required
- Medical Doctor, ideally with a Masters of Public Health
- Previous field experience with MSF or equivalent, ideally with experience in NCD programmes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
Place of work: all work will be done remotely.
VI. Application process