See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF UKJobs in the UK
MSF Scientific Days 2019: Satellite events
The MSF Scientific Days, a series of one-day conferences featuring research conducted by Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, are approaching. We are keen to make the organisation’s humanitarian research accessible to the global healthcare community by inviting academic, research, and other institutes to organise a satellite event.
On May 9 and 10, the MSF Scientific Days will take place in London, UK. Groups are invited to watch the keynotes, presentations, and debates via the livestream. Anyone tuning into the livestream may also pose questions and make comments using twitter or the Slido app - a platform designed to promote digital conference engagement. A regional linked event, taking place in South Asia on July 8, is also available via livestream.
Participating institutions and organizations can build a Satellite Symposium around the MSF Scientific Days Programme any way they wish. For example, stream the entire day; or for a portion of the day thereby leaving time to invite a local speaker or stage a debate. No group is too big or too small.
How it works
With a link to access the livestream, groups can project the MSF Scientific Day presentations in a conference room, classroom, or auditorium, or you can simply watch on a computer.
This year, the effect of migration on urbanisation as well as the ongoing issue of treatment-resistance across diseases are some of the topics that will be featured; along with studies related to infectious and neglected diseases.
Satellite Event toolkit
- Book a meeting room, auditorium, or classroom at your institution
- Promote your Satellite Event
- You could invite your own external Speaker
- Nominate a Master of Ceremonies who can lead discussion and field questions from your audience during your Satellite event
- Nominate a Facilitator who can type and send (via Twitter or the discussion box) any questions from your delegates to the presenters during the Q&As
- Inform us that you will be holding a satellite event so we can “shout out” to you on the day and include you in Q&As and panel discussions: firstname.lastname@example.org