See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF UKJobs in the UK
Being a finance coordinator with MSF can be a complex but rewarding job.
From ensuring that finances are available to fund a fast scale-up of operations so that MSF can respond immediately to a natural disaster, through to making sure that finances are managed carefully, appropriately and in line with local laws in the country, MSF finance coordinators make sure that every department has what it needs to do the best job possible, no matter what happens.
Our finance coordinators develop and implement finance policies and provide expert support for all the projects in that country.
It’s an exciting and diverse role and you would be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Providing advice and support to international HR and finance managers in the projects
- Developing budgets that cater for the needs of each project, but also forecast possible increases in needs in line with the local context
- Developing appropriate policies
- Providing support to the field teams as they close accounts each month
- Approving all project expenditure, from medical supplies through to logistics materials
Stories from the field
To read more first-hand stories from finance coordinators working overseas with MSF, visit our blog.
- Financial administration (accounting and reporting)
- Financial management (planning and budget control)
- Training - minimum higher vocational level
- Demonstrable experience with administrative organisation
- Familiarity with human resources management and policy principles
- Available for a minimum of 12 months
- Minimum of three months travel or work experience in developing countries
- Willing to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to provide training and supervision to others
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of guidelines of major funding institutions (e.g. ECHO, OFDA, etc.) for budgeting and reporting
We're currently looking for finance coordinator with good French or Arabic skills.
If you can speak French or Arabic you're much more likely to be accepted onto our register.
Your language level may be tested during the recruitment process.
before you apply
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
What's it like working with MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Please watch this short video and reflect on why you want to work for MSF before starting your application.