See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF UKJobs in the UK
Our human resources coordinators (HRCOs) provide essential expertise to ensure that our staff are happy in their work.
Whether going out to the projects to provide training and support for the HR field staff or working in the capital developing a national staff HR policy, HRCOs provide the essential technical expertise to ensure that our national and international staff enjoy a safe and fair workplace and build successful careers with MSF.
Our HRCOs often work in the capital, managing administration teams in all the projects in that country.
It’s a diverse and stimulating role and you would be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Working with senior management team in country, providing HR advice on a wide variety of HR issues
- Working closely with HR teams in HQ to ensure resourcing needs for medical programmes in country are met (both national and international staff)
- Creating and reviewing HR policies and processes and overseeing their implementation across all projects
- Supporting and advising on learning and development of staff
- Ensuring MSF operates within local labour laws in the project country
- Managing, training and supervising locally recruited HR staff
- Supporting proper management of HR across the board and assuming full responsibility of all administration and legal issues in the mission
Stories from the field
To read more first-hand stories from HR coordinators working overseas MSF, visit our blog.
- Educated to degree level and CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Significant experience in a generalist HR role, preferably within a multicultural context and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to communicate at a variety of levels and with diverse groups
- Ability to adapt HR practices to very different working environments
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly listening, persuading, influencing and motivating; flair for building and maintaining good relationships
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and effectively manage change
- Demonstrable experience in conflict management
- Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and supervising
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum of 12 months
- Minimum three months’ work, volunteering or travelling experience in developing countries
- Fluency in English
We're currently looking for HR coordinator with good French or Arabic skills.
If you can speak French or Arabic you're much more likely to be accepted onto our register.
Your language level may be tested during the recruitment process.
before you apply
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
What's it like working with MSF?
In most projects you'll be living and working in stressful conditions without many of the things you may take for granted at home.
Please watch this short video and reflect on why you want to work for MSF before starting your application.