See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF UKJobs in the UK
Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (DTM&H)
The Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (DTM&H) is essential for those wishing to work for MSF as a doctor, unless they have significant experience working in tropical medicine.
It can be obtained from:
- The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- The Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
The RCP accepts applications to sit the DTM&H examination from candidates who have completed, or are about to complete an approved Tropical Medicine course. These include:
- Médecins Sans Frontières Course in Global Health and Humanitarian Medicine (GHHM).
- Glasgow Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene course
- Sheffield Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene course
- Oxford University MSc course in international health and tropical medicine
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine: DTM&H course or MSc in Tropical Medicine and International Health
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine: DTM&H course, MSc in Tropical and Infectious Diseases or MSc in Tropical Paediatrics
- ASTMH-approved Diploma Courses satisfying the requirements for CTropMed.
- Further details available on the RCP website