See the latest vacancies and find out about working for MSF UKJobs in the UK
Cooking and baking
Cooking or baking can be really fun ways of raising vital funds MSF and your friends, family and colleagues will enjoy it too.
With the help of some of our favourite inspirational fundraisers, we've put together a few ideas to get you started.
What started off small has now become a huge success and the supper club is now an east London institution, often selling out as soon as it's launched.
Thanks to her great success, Alicia has so far raised an incredible £62,000 to support our work. That could send three doctors to one of our projects for a whole year.
“I was cooking a lot for my friends, all the time, and so I thought if people pay for the food then I can give it to charity.”
A few ideas to get you started
- Host a dinner party or supper club and invite friends to make a donation
- Organise a 'Come Dine With Me' challenge - round up a few friends and spend a night eating at each person’s house. Ask for a ‘sign up’ donation for all those taking part, mark each other’s efforts and give a prize to the winner
- If you’re a culinary master then why not hold a cookery class at home or offer to make snacks and drinks for a local event, club or venue and ask for donations for MSF in return
As cake always goes down well, she baked these fantastic cupcakes for him to sell at work. Thankfully they were well received.
Anna raised £220, which could pay for hepatitis B vaccines for 682 people.
“I love decorating cakes and thought by creating the MSF logo on a tasty treat the cause behind the fundraising wouldn't be forgotten,”
A few Ideas to get you started
- Cook up a batch of buns and sell them to people at school, work or a local fair
- Organise a 'Bake Off' challenge - round up a few friends, ask for a ‘sign up’ donation for all those taking part, mark each other’s efforts and give a prize to the winner
- Announce a 'cake week' at work and ask your colleagues to volunteer a cake each day for MSF. If successful it could even become an annual event
Do you have an idea?
Then please get in touch with us, we'd love to talk your idea through with you and support you in any way we can.