What you need to apply to work overseas with MSF.
Thank you for your interest in working with MSF. In general MSF recruits staff for overseas positions onto our register of qualified and available people as described on the Applying to MSF pages.
But occasionally we have vacancies for very specific, fixed term roles abroad for which you can apply directly. These will be posted here.
The application process may differ between postings so please check the Job Advert for details on how to apply.
Mental Health Activity Manager, based in Tripoli, Libya
In light of the evolving context and expanding needs in Libya, MSF-OCA (operational center based in Amsterdam) is starting up a new mission in Libya based in Tripoli, with a focus on the health needs of migrant populations living in the city, as well as potential engagement with the conflict-affected host population. Programming is expected start with the delivery of primary health care services, including mental health, but has the potential to expand based on assessments and findings once the team is on the ground. It is expected that MSF-OCA will collaborate with the Ministry of Health and other local partners in order to effectively implement new programming.
MSF is urgently looking for a Clinical Psychologist to join our team in Libya to assess, plan and implement the mental health component of an exciting new primary care program for the displaced population living within the city of Tripoli and the conflict affected host population. This project has been created to respond to the increasing needs of the displaced population in Tripoli who have experienced physical and mental conflict related trauma. The successful candidate will be deployed as soon as possible.
Please see the Job Description for full details.
- Closing date for applications: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews organised accordingly. The position may be offered before the deadline as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
- Interviews: By appointment, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Download the full job description
- To apply, please follow MSF UK’s regular online application procedure and select “Psychologist” under “Application for the position of.”
- For this specific position we will also consider candidates without the right to work in the UK.
If we don't currently have a job which looks like the right fit for you there are many other ways to become part of MSF
You can sign up for our e-news to keep up to date with the latest stories, make a donation or take on a fundraising challenge. There are also regular MSF events. You can find out more about our UK office, volunteering with MSF UK and working overseas.
Our LinkedIn profile is another good way to keep up to date and to keep an eye on our open roles.