MSF Pharmacists ensure good practice in distribution and that pharmaceutical practices comply with national rules. Through their expertise, pharmacists are in charge of drug management and medical equipment order, storage and distribution in MSF projects and supervise staff dealing with daily management of procedures.
- To be qualified as a pharmacist and have significant post qualification experience, ideally in hospital pharmacy
- Experience in supervising, training and managing others
- Ability to work well as a part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and use initiative
- Willingness to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Available for a minimum period of nine months
- Minimum of three months work, volunteering or travelling experience in developing countries
MSF is currently looking for Pharmacists with good French skills. English speaking candidates are welcome to apply, however If you speak French to a level where you can be placed in a French speaking mission such as the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Chad or Central African Republic, you are much more likely to be accepted onto the MSF register. Arabic skills are also in demand.