There are safe and secure ways to collect your sponsorship money online and to bank any cash you collect. Your supporters will find it easy to give and you will have peace of mind knowing your money is reaching MSF.
If you are taking on a challenge or setting up an event, you can use JustGiving to set up a personal fundraising page to collect donations for MSF.
JustGiving is often used for sponsored events like marathons but you can also collect other donations. For example, you can collect donations in memory of a loved one, for items that you are selling or for entry to events.
JustGiving is very user friendly and a page can be set up in five minutes. If you have any problems you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can bank the money you collected and write a cheque made out to Médecins Sans Frontières UK and post it to Chloe Daniels, Lower Ground Floor, Chancery Exchange, 10 Furnival Street, London, EC4A 1AB.
Tips for a successful fundraising page
- The best fundraising pages tell a good story. Let people know why you are raising money for MSF and what you are doing.
- You can personalise your page with photos, videos and a blog to make it more engaging. These videos introduce MSF:
- An empty page can be a bit intimidating, so having a couple of donations from your family and friends on the page should encourage others. People tend to match the amounts already listed on the page, so if they’re generous ones, all the better!
- Add a link to your fundraising page to your email signature so that every email that you send raises awareness of your fundraising efforts. You could also add a JustGiving widget to your website, blog, Facebook or Twitter page.
- Get social – use Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and photo sharing sites to spread the word about what you are doing for MSF.